Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I think it is a God thing.....

Tonight a few of my friends are coming over for a much needed Ladies Night Out. I am planning to fix caramel apple dip for dessert and have been searching for my mini-crockpots for over 1/2 the day. For those of you that don't know me well, it absolutely drives me crazy to not be able to find something that I know I have. I can dig up receipts from 6 years ago, tell you how many pizzas we ordered for the boys 17th birthday party, owner manuals for most things we own, pictures from 15 years ago, etc.

I remember pulling my mini-crockpots out of the attic a few months ago. I have 2. I have looked all the "normal" places that I would store something that I don't use often and just can't find them. One place that we stick stuff sometimes is the heater closet. It has our furnace unit, our water heater and extra storage space. So, that's where the high chair, inside step ladders, broom, industrial size bottle of liquid bath soap, furnace filters, etc....that kind of stuff gets put.

I've looked everywhere at least twice including climbing back in the attic cubby hole where the extra kitchen wares are stored. While talking to my Mom (when I called to see if maybe by some remote chance I had loaned both of them to her) I check the heater closet one more time.

And then I see it. We have propane heat and a propane hot water heater. On top of the water heater is a vent pipe that vents the water heater thru the attic to the oustide. If the water heater is not vented correctly, then it can leak CO2 back into the house. The vent pipe is totally off the top of the water heater and the vent is open into the heater closet. This just doesn't look right. I called David at work to confirm and he instructed me on how to "temporarily" put it back in place so that he can look at it when he gets home.....tomorrow evening.

And now as I sit back and think about the day, I have to wonder if there was a purpose in why I have had to look so hard for my mini-crockpots. If I had not been searching for them, I would have never seen the vent pipe disconnected from the top of the water heater. Was it a God thing?

And no, I still haven't found my mini-crockpots but will not be at all suprised to one day find them glaring at me in one of the spots I have already searched.

2 comments:

JAMIE'S CREW said...

It is MOST definitely a God thing Syndi! So glad that you found that!

Keep me posted!

Rolyndia said...

Thanks for you comment on my blog. I am glad you found the pipe that was not vented and I am sure the Lord was directing you to find it.