Tuesday, December 9, 2008

LA trip #1

In mid-November, I made a two day trip to LA for business. For those of you wno know me well, you know that I NEVER leave home without my blow dryer. I even have one that I take with my to Hong Kong that is wired for their standard electrical outlets.

On this particular trip and given the airline industry's decision to charge extra for checked baggage, I decided that surely I could make it with the blow dryer that the hotel provided. I cram all of my stuff into one bag plus my computer bag and I'm off. I arrived in LA late evening before my 8:00 am meeting the next morning and began to unpack my clothese toiletries, etc.

Upon first glance in the bathroom, this is what I see:
Beautiful vanity with towels, tissue, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soap, etc. Do you see a blow dryer? Nope, me neither. So as mild panic begins to erupt, I grab the hotel information binder and search for information on "blow dryer", "hair dryer", "appliances" etc searching for some clue. NOTHING. Absolutely nothing. Now I'm thinnking, "Great, this is going to involve a taxi, finding a 24 hour drug store and the purchase of a blow dryer so that I can manage this mop tomorrow morning."

In a last ditch effort before heading to the hotel drive, I call the front desk and inquire. Surely they provide a blow dryer. RELIEF. They do! Want to guess where it was?

Here is the door to the area with the toilet/tub/shower......





and the blow dryer is:


hanging BEHIND the bathroom door in a nice black bag!. Is that where you would have looked?

1 comment:

JAMIE'S CREW said...

Definitely not! What happened to bolting down everything in site? That is crazy funny.